About the Role
LifeLine Africa has been in operating in Cameroon since 2019. We are looking for a sharp, motivated individual with a self-starter mindset to become LifeLine’s Country Manager in Cameroon and lead our Operations and Growth in the country, with the objective of growing our local footprint and team throughout 2021 and beyond.
The role is located in Douala, with potential for domestic and regional travels.
You will work closely with our Founder and Board members in USA and the Sr Administrator in Yaounde, Cameroon
- Manage the roll-out of the LifeLine’s programs in Cameroon.
- This will be achieved through partnerships with pre-selected local implementing partners (e.g., training providers, NGOs).
- You will be responsible for coordinating the action of local implementing partners, identifying bottlenecks and acting on them, as well as collecting data on the program’s performance across a range of metrics.
- You will work in close collaboration with and under the supervision of the Founder and Board Members.
- Boost LifeLine’s expansion in Cameroon
- Identify market gaps and areas where LifeLine could bring value to the Cameroon Health ecosystem, through any of our verticals.
- Map out funding opportunities at a national and international level (e.g., philanthropic donors, corporates, public bodies) and build strong relationships with funders.
- Design commercial proposals aimed at potential funders, with the objective of launching new programs and initiatives in Cameroon.
- You will work in close collaboration with LifeLine’s global business development team in USA.
- Supervise the field staff
- Coordinate the implementation of programs with field staff
- Will be a resource to our volunteers/interns.
- Experience in project management / public health / economic development / business development
- Solid understanding of the Cameroon Healthcare ecosystem, and able to demonstrate existing relationships with local non-profit organizations, employers, philanthropic funders, corporates & public bodies
- Fluency in French and English are a must
- A passion for innovation and social impact. At LifeLine, we do the work of an NGO with the mindset of a startup.
- Ability to thrive in an international environment and to build solid professional relationships with a vast array of stakeholders ranging from community group volunteers to C-Level executives.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and get in the weeds with our partners in order to hit programmatic targets.
- Ability to work remotely and independently while maintaining close links with the core team through regular and transparent reporting.
- Solid command of productivity tools (e.g., Google Suite, Slack, etc.)
- Available immediately.
|Minimum Qualification||Must be fluent in English and French|