FEASIBILITY STUDY AND PREPARATION OF A CONCEPT NOTE TO ESTABLISH A MEDICAL
CABINET “CABINET MEDICALE”
The conceptual design of the center will be modeled to set up a state-of-the-art facility that
would cater to the basic health needs of the community of Soa and surrounding villages. The
initial concept involves setting up a medical cabinet with a minimum of one doctor, 2 certified
nurses, a laboratory technician and pharmacy aide. In the establishment of the center,
collaboration will be established among key stakeholders including the community leaders, and
other medical professionals and auxiliaries.
Objectives of the Assignment
The overall objective of this consultancy is to carry out a feasibility study to establish a medical
center. The specific objective of this consultancy is to:
– Determine the feasibility of establishing a medical center, and prepare a concept note
with recommendations on key aspects, including initial set-up, operational model, and
– Visit existing similar centers and developing recommendations based on location,
clientele, needs of the community to inform the establishment of the medical center.
– Develop detailed cost estimates for setting up such a center.
Scope of Work
The main tasks of this assignment are:
✓ Undertake a detailed feasibility study on the establishment of a medical center in Soa
Yaoundé; identify risks associated with its setting, challenges, and mitigation strategies.
✓ Prepare a concept note, with analysis and description of the conditions under which the
medical center would be feasible and provide a framework and recommendations for
next steps, including the establishment, training, and future expansion.
The study should address among other things:
– Analysis of the background and rational for a medical cabinet.
– Review similar existing medical centers in and around Soa and evaluate the critical
success factors, critical risks and adduce lessons which will inform the study.
– Gaps assessment of the existing similar centers
– Proposed location for the center and potential scope of the center
– Propose a conceptual outline/ operation model that includes all the key features of the
– Institutional set-up and arrangements, involvement of key stakeholders
– Estimated costs of setting up of the center/ Cost estimates of further infrastructure
– Estimated cost to run the center
– Estimated net profit/loss in one year and in two years.
– Time it will take to break even
– Proposed operational/business model for the center
– Interest of donors and institutions for collaboration
– Expected long term sustainability and available strategies
– Proposed financing models and funds mobilization strategies
– Appropriate management model/institutional framework for inception and operation of
– Identify significant risks and propose measures to mitigate them
The assignment will be conducted in Soa, Yaoundé and will involve among others desk review
of existing literature, conducting focus group discussions and interviews with key stakeholders
in the quarter and surroundings.
Methods and Approach
The study shall be conducted with input from key stakeholders (including other medical
centers), as well as a review of relevant documents and policies. The consultant shall collect all
available information and data as may be applicable. This includes, but is not limited to
documents, studies, and discussion papers on the concept for the proposed medical center. The
consultant shall conduct direct interviews (in-person/over phone/email) and consultations with
The specific deliverables include but are not limited to the following:
- Inception report to be submitted within 5 days of signing contract detailing the
consultant’s approach to the feasibility study, providing a detailed work-plan and
- Draft report showing the key findings of the feasibility study.
- Final report and concept note that conceptualize the setting up of the center after
incorporating inputs agreed upon at a review meeting.
- Final proposed Business plan.
- Estimated costs of setting up a fully functional center.
Duration of the Consultancy
The duration for the work shall be 2.5months from the signing of the contract without
Consultant Qualifications and Experience
– Demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of work, possess excellent communication
and interpersonal skills as well as good planning and organizational skills.
– Have a minimum of an advanced university degree in Economics, Finance, Business,
Architecture or Physical Planning, Project Management, organizational development,
administration, management and operation or other relevant degrees.
– Demonstrate knowledge and experience in conducting feasibility studies and case
modeling for start-ups or ongoing institutions. Having worked on prior feasibility studies
is an added advantage.
– Ability to work with a range of stakeholders.
– Excellent communication, facilitation skills and experience in participatory approaches
– Excellent command of English and French, both spoken and written is mandatory.
The working language for this assignment will be English and French may be needed for
The consultant will be paid as follows:
– After validation of inception report: 20%
– After validation of draft report: 40%
– After submission of final report: 40%
Email additional documents to email@example.com
- A motivation letter expressing suitability for the assignment and quote for services.
- Any supporting documents showing completion of similar work